In order to get your Paypal account verified, a Bank Account or Credit/Debit Card is linked to the Paypal Account and account holders need to go through some simple steps to complete the verification.
Tools and Supplies needed
Smart phone or Computer that is Internet enabled.
How to create a verified Paypal Account
Option 1- Verifying using a Credit/Debit Card
- Login to your Paypal account and select “Add or Edit Credit Card”.
- Fill in All the required fields.
- Fill in all the required fields and ensure that the card number is filled correctly. For the card type, select the same as shown on your credit/debit card. Having filled all the fields, click “Add Card”.
- After the card is added successfully, Paypal will charge a small amount, eg. 1 US Dollar to your card. This charge will be automatically reimbursed instantly.
- Request 4-digit code
- After the card added, select “Add or Edit Credit Card” again and you will see the same page.
- Click “Confirm my card” and then the page will show confirmation of the card to be verified.
- Click “Continue”.
- Paypal will charge a small amount to generate the 4-digit code. The amount will be reimbursed in 3-5 days.
- Enter Paypal Account
- Having received the 4 digit code, go back to the page where you add the credit card and then click “Enter Paypal Code”.
You will receive a wizard message indicating that the account has been verified.
Option 2-Verifying using a Bank Account
- Login to Paypal
- Login to your paypal account and select “Add/Edit Bank Account”.
- Fill in all the required fields
- Click “Continue”. If you do not know your bank MEPS routing code, you can find it by clicking the “Details”.
- After the bank is added, select “Add or Edit Credit Card” again. Click “Confirm”.
- Paypal will send 2 separate deposit amounts to your bank account.
- Enter the 2 deposit amounts to complete verification
- Log in to your Paypal Account, go to “Get Verified” and enter the two deposits amounts. These deposits will be less than a dollar just to confirm that your bank account is real.
- The bank account has been confirmed and your account verified during this step.