Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd. (M&M Ltd.), India’s leading SUV manufacturer, has launched the Big Bolero Pickup, in Kenya. With its large cargo box, a payload capacity of 1.5 tons, stylish looks and comfortable cabin, the Big Bolero Pickup promises to raise the benchmark in the category and offer superior value proposition to its customers. This is the only pick-up of its kind and capacity in the market. Designed to cater to the needs of businessmen and traders, the Big Bolero Pickup seeks to address the evolving needs of its customers and is competitively priced at 1,950,000/= + VAT
Speaking at the launch Ashok Thakur, Head of International Operations, Africa, Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd. said, “The Bolero range of pick-ups have been popular in Kenya, owing to their unmatched fuel efficiency and lower operational cost. At Mahindra, we took cognizance of the evolving needs of our customers specific to Kenya and have effectively addressed the need gap in terms of comfortable cabin and superior performance. The aim was to deliver greater earning potential, while retaining the basic tough and rugged DNA associated with Mahindra vehicles. The launch of the Big Bolero Pickup with bigger payload capacity, cargo space, power, style and safety is a veritable step towards offering more value to our customers.”
Mr. Thakur further added, “Being the leading utility vehicle player in India, we also intend to establish brand Mahindra as the preferred choice for the discerning customer. With this launch, we have further upgraded our entire pick-up range to offer best-in-class value and versatility to our customers.”
Speaking during the launch, Dinesh Kotecha, Executive Director, Simba Corp, said “The launch of the Big Bolero Pickup with big cargo box and high payload capacity, coupled with its fuel efficient high performance engine will enable customers to earn more, while the spacious and comfortable cabin will offer a fatigue free drive. We are glad to bring in the Big Bolero Pickup in the marketplace and I am confident that it will raise the benchmark in the category and be an instant hit with our customers.”
Salient features of the Big Bolero Pickup
- Highest payload capacity in the category of 1,500 Kgs – The Big Bolero Pickup will be available with 1,500 kg payload.
- Biggest cargo body in the category – It comes with a cargo body measuring 9 feet (2765 mm) which will allow customers to load bigger items.
- Superior Performance – The Big Bolero Pickup is powered by the proven MDI Turbo-charged engine that delivers 63 HP (46.3 KW) of Power and 195 Nm of Torque.
- Better ergonomics and driving comfort – It provides superior comfort through its spacious ergonomically designed big cabin, sliding and reclining seats and power steering as a standard feature across all variants.
- New looks and interiors – The Big Bolero Pickup comes with new exteriors and premium interiors and incorporates a new instrument panel and color theme.
- Greater Peace of Mind is guaranteed through 2 years / 50000 kilometers warranty on engine and driveline.